"She's Grafty"

(note: thank you JAN for the title of this post, wouldn't want to be accused of stealing ;)

Ok grafts.  It is one of those words that you hope you never encounter in your life.  I think it ranks up there with enema in terms of Whoo-hoo-ness.  I just found out that my implants (now that is a word that I love to say because people automatically look at my tits!) (dental implants) are not behaving the way proper good little healing implants should.  

Apparently I have one tooth that just refuses to play ball and in fact is such a bastard that it is not just "not healing" it has decided to LOSE bone density.  I have a month to grow some bone on that side of my mouth or else I have to have a bone graft.  And I am assuming that the bone that is grafted into my mouth comes from somewhere in my body?  Probably a good question to ask the DR - but I am pretty sure they are not going to remove my femur in order to plug a hole in my mouth.  But maybe I am wrong and I will actually lose a leg in order to gain a tooth!

All kidding aside, I am kind of very nervous.  Not only do I HATE having things shoved into my mouth* (*Amy quit laughing.)  but if I need the graft and it does not go well I could lose the implant.  The implant that I have paid $6K for.  The implant that they will not refund the$$ if my body rejects the implant.  And if I lose the implant .. what?  A black hole where one of MY FRONT TEETH should be?  That would totally help my love life.

But I am doing positive affirmations to remind my teeth that they are Precious and that they really should start cooperating or I am going to stop brushing!


Comments

  1. Hahahahaha!
    What? Who's laughing?
    Don't worry - they take the bone from your feet so as to give you the sexy gimpy walk that men dig so much...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bitter .... Party of 1 your table is now available.

Postmarked with Love