Affirmations Smafirmations



At the end of my last counseling session my counselor asked me to do an affirmation. Now I am not a big fan of the affirmation. While there are probably countless studies and evidence to conclude that the affirmation does actually work to bolster ones self esteem, I can think of nothing more douche-baggy than telling my self in the mirror that I am GREAT. (Yes total mental image of good old Stuary Smalley).


But being that I am paying good money to confirm that I am in fact nutso and beyond all hope, I decided to play along with the counselor. She asked me to say "I am a precious treasure". Harmless enough until I get hung up on the word precious and immediately think of Precious Moments figurines. To which I start laughing like a hyena (pretty much literally sad to say) and can't get another word out without giggles.


So now when I think of affirmations all I can think of is "I am a precious moments figurine". Not quite what my counselor was going for I suspect. But I guess there are worse things than comparing oneself to those freakishly adorable kiddos with big tear drop eyes.



Comments

  1. You are a precious moment. You are. Just say the words - "I am a precious moment." Now you'd better figure out how to make your forehead a whole lot bigger if you want to look like one of those creepy little figurines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already scheduled the surgery! Precious moments here I come :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bitter .... Party of 1 your table is now available.

Postmarked with Love

"She's Grafty"